Anna is an academic liaison librarian with many years’ experience working in Higher Education. She currently provides support to students and academics at Cranfield Defence and Security teaching information literacy skills, providing research assistance, advising on referencing and academic misconduct cases, and ensuring collection resources meet faculty needs.
Anna is a member of project teams focused on improving the customer experience, library education, testing and evaluating resource discovery tools and library website design.
- MCLIP (Chartered Librarian)
- FHEA (Fellow of the Higher Education Academy)
- PG Cert Teaching, Learning and Assessment in Higher Education (Cranfield University)
- PG Cert Management (Open University)
- MSc Econ Information and Library Studies (Aberystwyth University)
- BA (Hons) American Studies (University of Leicester)
Additional roles within Cranfield
- Cranfield University Research Ethics Review Panel
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Chartered member of CILIP, the library and information association
Publications and conference presentations
Barefoot, A. (2018) 'Book review of Oberlies, M.K. and Mattson, J. (eds). 2018. Framing information literacy: teaching grounded in theory, pedagogy, and practice. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries', Journal of Information Literacy, 12(2), pp.146-147. Available at: https://doi.org/10.11645/12.2.2522
Barefoot, A., Cooksley, H., Crossley, J., Heath, A., Sleat, A., Smith, M. and Stevens, C. (2018) 'Changes in the research support landscape over the last ten+ years: reflections on the DARTS conference series 2005-2018', SCONUL Focus, 69, pp.74-77. Available at: https://www.sconul.ac.uk/sites/default/files/documents/74.%20CHANGES%20IN%20THE%20RESEARCH.pdf